Updated: Jun 11, 2020
I have worked on my website design and change a little bit. What do you guys think about my new design?
I'm home by myself while Jakob is working on Fitzroy Island, he will be back tomorrow.
He is working as a chef on a restaurant at the resort on the Island, and he finish work after the last ferry is leaving, so he get to stay at a 5 star hotel for free when he is working out there.,
I have worked today too and was suppose to train but i'm not feeling 100% , i think i'm about to catch a cold so i will take it easy today and have an early night and hopefully i will feel better tomorrow.
I got a bag of tomato's from Ina, the girl I'm working together with,
So I worked on my cooking skills today and made an healthy Vegan friendly Tomato soup with Sweet potato, pumpkins and purple carrots. It turned out really good.
I was googling around on recipe first but couldn't find anything healthy. I didn't want to add tomato puree or anything from a cane. I just wanted fresh ingredients in it and healthy as possible!
I love sweet potatoes, pumping and purple carrots.
Purple Carrot is very healthy for us. The Purpletts have great benefit of being a great source of antioxidants with naturally, occurring anthocyanins. The Purpletts have 28 times more anthockyanins than orange carrots. They also have naturally occurring anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and best of all, They taste so good!
Vegan friendly Tomato Soup.
5 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 yellow union, diced
1 red chili, roughly chopped
6-8 Tomato's, Roughly chopped
1/2 cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 tsp fried oregano
handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water ( if needed to thin the soup)
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
3+4 purple Carrots ( bake them in the oven first )
1 small Sweet potato ( bake them in the oven first)
1/2 pumpkin (bake them in the oven first)
1. Chop the tomato's roughly and bake them in the oven till they are soft, 10-15 mins and after that blend them in a blender for few seconds so it get a bit juicy,
2. Add olive oil to large pot and heat it up.
3. Add in garlic, onion and chili and cook for about 5 mins.
4. Add tomatoes, cauliflower, oregano, basil.
5. Bring the mixture to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins.
6. Let it cool down a little bit and after, blend it in a blender until it is smooth
7. Add salt and also the Sweet potato, pumpkins and the purple Carrots and let is simmer on low for additional 10 mins. If the Soup is to thick add a little bit of water.
8. Ready to eat! I had chopped Almonds, fresh coriander, basil and black Carrot for garnish .
~ Enjoy ~
// Gina Johansen xx